I apologize, if you were patiently awaiting progress photos of the studio. I was focused on doing everything else first, but by Saturday the upstairs was basically livable. However, the weather was so nice (i.e. not raining) that I couldn't resist doing a few things outside. There is so much to do! So many places ready to be landscaped. So much black plastic to dispose of. But not until I know I can control the weeds manually.
Then Sunday I headed toward the mess of boxes. First thing in my way was my old drafting table, covered with roof granules and mouse refuse from 20 years in the attic. Just cleaning it up led to completely refinishing it. Which led to not getting much else done. So after procrastinating for a week, I went down there at about 8:30 last night and powered through unloading everything into either the storage pieces or the shelves. I didn't think too hard about what needed to go where, just get it out of boxes and into storage, THEN I can organize and rearrange to my hearts content. I was amazed at what got done in about an hour. So sorry I didn't do a before picture of all the crap covering the floor. Next I will reassemble the drafting table, and put a large worktable in the center of the rug.