Saturday, February 19, 2011

For the Birds

I finally turned in the super top secret bird block, only a week late.  There was stress this morning, as I thought I would simply zigzag around the edge to finish it and call it done.  The machine kept jambing and the stitches were all uneven.... grr.   I have not had any problems with this machine at ALL until this morning.  So after ripping out three or four different zigzag edges that looked like crap, it was getting too frayed, and of COURSE I had cut everything down instead of waiting until it was edged to square it up..


So in desperation I pulled out my bin of ribbons and trims, and found a black and purple tiger-stripe ribbon that I actually sort of liked.  It definitely stands out but I like the way it balances the purple house. I left the raw edges criss-crossed sort of like a rustic log frame... but she can cut them if she needs to, I guess.  I think Lee liked it well enough, but maybe she was just being polite.  Anyway it's done and comes off the UFO list.


And I can't WAIT to get started on the Brown Bag quilt.  I know what I want to do, and if it turns out ANYTHING like the model I'll be thrilled.

Then again, maybe I should finish some of the small projects first... and see if I'm really going to send Cloister in for that show...


No comments:

Post a Comment