Monday, January 13, 2014

Resolutions Old & New

2013 Art Quilting Resolutions

  • Focus on Art Quilts!!!        Well, Duh!
  • Study and practice Crow assignments   I at least worked on finishing, didn't really "study" much.
  • Enter SAQA Show  I did.  Got rejected, but I entered.
  • Enter Whatcom Museum Show  I did.
  • Work in a Series: Strip Piecing  I did.  This turned into "Color Prints."
  • Work in a Series: Map Quilts   Did not do anything with this.  
  • Work in a Series: Words  I did, in a way.  Took apart "Asemia" and made it five small quilts.
  • Resist temptation to do "functional" stuff   Eh... maybe.  I needed curtains, and had to finish Sophia's quilt.
  • Finish or give up on the current UFO's  Making some progress here.
  • Learn to photograph my quilts    Needs lots of work!
  • Learn to use Photoshop Elements  Need more work.



2014 Art Quilting Resolutions
  • Study hard with/after Nancy Crow
  • Study design and composition
  • Study color
  • Continue "Color Prints" series.  See where it leads.
  • Make labels for all completed quilts still in my possession.
  • Make hanging sleeves for all completed quilts still in my possession.
  • Resist temptation to do "functional" stuff   
  • Finish or give up on the current UFO's  
  • Learn to photograph my quilts    
  • Learn to use Photoshop Elements  
  • Enter at least one SAQA show, besides the trunk show.

No comments:

Post a Comment