Saturday, November 20, 2010

Scattered

I'm trying to make some progress toward something quilty, despite the little and big glitches, deaths, job changes, holidays...    I tried to think about how to make art about my sadness at the death of our partner, but I'm not ready for that.

So I have all the beads and threads to start embellishing "Thorny" sitting beside the couch.  

But instead of doing that, I've been designing the City Hall quilt.  It's taken about ten days of stolen minutes to collect up (and buy) the fabric colors I want to use, study some photos and renderings of the era, make sketches combining those with elements of the real City Hall,
then drafting those out to scale in Autocad.  I thought I was going to make it 24 x 36 until I saw how large that was.  It can't possibly have enough detail to be interesting at that scale, so I cut it down to 18 x 24.  I guess I have scale issues.    I tinkered with the drafted version to make it into piece-able shapes, and I think I'm finally ready to start playing with the fabric.  It's due one week from today.   And I just volunteered to cook Thanksgiving dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment