Sunday, April 17, 2011

Bumbling Around.

My "made" fabric, so far.
Since Victoria from Bumble Beans was kind enough to let me join the 15-minutes Play site, I've been feeling a little guilty that I had no time to play.  Guilt is a good motivator.  Friday at noon I came home and engaged in some scrap therapy, making fabric from the bits and pieces in the scrap bin.   Here's what I came up with....  not bad for 45 minutes or so.

So I'm about to get off the computer and onto the sewing machine.  But I'm not sure if I'm working on the scrap therapy, or maybe my latest Dear Jane Block, D-3.  I have been working on making a pattern and printing it onto freezer paper, I think I've got that taken care of now:


so I could get the pieces cut out, and ready to applique later tonight.  This will be my first attempt at needle turn applique, and I'm not very skilled at handwork, to put it mildly, but hey, I've done and learned a LOT of things I never thought I would or could this year, so why not this?

But then I'm dying to jump in and make a Big Little George in the quilt along on Lily's Quilts.  It looked like a fun and scrappy idea, but I have not been able to start, and now the tutorial is done... maybe I can still play, if I start today!

No comments:

Post a Comment