Thursday, April 7, 2011

Splurging

I had such a great day in Seattle shopping yesterday, and just being in the "big city."  I went down for a meeting that only took about 1 1/2 hours, but the timing was such that I wouldn't have been back to the office before 4 pm anyway, so I decided to stay and play.   I checked out two quilt shops that had been mentioned on the Janome Yahoo Group.  One was Undercover Quilts right next to the Pike Place Market.  Their website is under construction but this link to their Ebay store shows a great picture, or  you can visit them on Facebook.   In addition to a great collection of fabric they have many finished quilts for sale, and on display.  


After that I found my way to the Quilting Loft, in Ballard (still part of Seattle).  They have a large selection of very nice modern quilting fabrics.    Not having a particular project in mind, I just wanted to see what their selection was like, and I wanted to buy EVERYTHING so it was hard to narrow it down too much, but since I've been on this thing about stripes lately and they had a very nice selection, I grabbed up a few fat quarters, and a couple half yards of some fun stripes.  Now... to decided what to do with them all!

No comments:

Post a Comment