Thursday, October 7, 2010

Sometimes life gets in the way of quilting

I've been too busy with work lately.  It's frustrating when all I want to do is sneak away and sew for an hour or two.  But it looks like it will stay this way through November, so I'm just going to have to juggle.

Tuesday and yesterday I worked on the Orange Chair a little bit.  Tuesday I only had time for a little quilting, but last night I finished all the straight-line border runs (working from the outside in, not smart, but I wasn't sure what to do with the inner parts yet.   After I finished the borders, I started playing around with using a zig-zag stitch to pin down the outer edges of the raw appliqué.   It actually worked better and looked nicer than I'd expected.  But just when I got on a roll the bobbin thread started knotting up and it was late, so I quit.  But I like the look of the black zigzag on the orange shadow.  I suppose some people might zigzag down their raw appliqué before quilting (?) but I didn't really know enough about how I was going to handle this to do that.

I would really love some big fat fuzzy orange or black yard to couch over some of the rougher edges, but I did a quick run through Michael's at lunch and couldn't find what I had in mind.  I did get some items to play with for the still life challenge on Artitude.  One more meeting and I can go home for the night.  

No comments:

Post a Comment