Friday, March 18, 2011

It's been a really slow week sewing-wise.   Last night I sewed row seven to row eight.  So I have two of five rows paired up.  It's slow because I'm trying to make sure I press the seams nicely in the best direcction, etc.  But still...  only seven more seams to sew and the top will be done.

Blocking this thing out is going to be a major undertaking I'm afraid.   still not sure if I should use the table or the floor.   Somehow between breakfast and lunch I managed to get rows five and six together.  Here they are laid down side by side on the floor.  This is 3/5ths of the total quilt.  I am not sure what I think of it,  I have days where I say, what the heck is this mess, and days when I love it.   I did not notice the blue diagonal line when I first laid it out...  



I am following a ridiculous number of Blogger blogs. (Okay I checked, 91.) It's so easy when you see something interesting, to hit "follow."   I probably should thin them out, because I can't keep up with them all, and scrolling through ones I usually don't click over to keeps me from seeing all the ones I do like.

But as I browse and read, and watch tutorials, I worry that I will be too influenced, that I will copy the works I admire, rather than be inspired by them.  I always worry about this.  I felt the same way about architecture (but I got over that).  I wonder if the way to stop the worry would be to do a series of pieces deliberately "in the style of."  It would be just for study/practice pieces, to to be published or shown (as if I do a lot of publishing or showing anyway!).  It would be a good way to practice techniques as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment