Thursday, March 3, 2011

When can I quit my day job?

I'm SO unmotivated to get to work, or to do work.  Especially when there are stacks of fabric calling my name.  Last night I worked on putting a new binding on the Cloister piece so that I can get it into the Sacred Threads show, which is due on Monday.   And now that we're having grandkids Friday night and at least half the day on Saturday, my weekend is not looking good.

I did manage to finish 15 blocks last night, bringing the total completed to 46.  There are 15 more at the halfway point.

I really want to start creating patterns to sell on Etsy.  I have bought 2-3 patterns at shows and on  line, and there really isn't much to them.  With the ability to draw everything out in Autocad it should be a no-brainer.  The main obstacle is that I need to actually MAKE the quilts so I know that it works, and so that I can show a photograph of what I'm selling.  Which means, making my own designs, not copying other ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment