Anywho with the groups and favorites function I was able to quickly create a set of intriguing design ideas for the Brown Bag Quilt. I want to keep it simple, and use only rectangular pieces. Many of the designs I like involve bright colored blocks with white or neutral sashing. I just don't know if I have enough of that in my stash. I do have the white Kona that I bought for Dear Jane, I could scavenge that, then just buy more for the Jane project. I don't want to cheat, but I also don't want to make a beautiful quilt then have ugly backing and binding... Sigh.
- sashing and backing
- blocks that don't destroy pattern
- enough variation in value but not too much
- even distribution of colors - is green still an orphan
- should I design all the blocks or just have at it, making 8 inch squares
- should I make a full double bed quilt? I have no use for a twin, and would have to sell or give away.